Thursday, July 09, 2009

Blue Skies, Nothing but Blue Skies

Finally. Blue skies and sunshine.

Nothing like blue skies to put a positive spin on the crap-tastic. Yesterday I sewed a pair of nice, cozy sweatpants for myself. Too damn cold for shorts and skirts! Today? Check out that picture. F*ck a duck. I don't know when, I don't know how I managed to get them stained already. My positively delusional brain tells me that I will be able to get them clean. We'll see soon enough.

Just for the record, I am not competing with the grandmother of Mat's fiance. Now check out these bitty socks. Perfect for a newborn, and wool/nylon blend so they'll be warm but also washable by young parents that have no respect for wool.




In my renewed attempt to get fit, I decided to start walking every day. The introductory foray into exercise lasted over an hour and a half, as the kids and I walked and talked and stopped along the way to take pictures of flowers and trees and bugs. All told we did about a 5km circuit. We even had fun! Wow. Today we'll be better prepared with water for our trek. Cheers.

No comments: