Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ka-BOOM



That was the sound of my yarn diet getting blasted. OH Well! Almost lasted 6 full months. See, it all started with a find of two balls of Lopi (one green, one purple) at Frenchies. Total cost: 70 cents! Could. Not. Resist. Looks like I may have to get back to slipper knitting. Then I accidentally (yeah right) ended up at Have a Yarn in Mahone Bay. Heather had Merino/Cashmere for 50% off. I would have been insane to pass that up. It's Punta Yarns' MERICASH SOLID. So soft it should be illegal. I'm just saying. Such yarny goodness = yummm!


In other news, I joined Tour de Fleece on Ravelry. It starts July 2nd and goes until July 24th. Having joined two teams, Team Kromski 2011 and Team Canada 2011, I have big plans to spin for at least a couple hours each day, use up my fibre stash, and probably even get started on those fleeces I bought at Gaspereau Valley Fiber during the Back to Back competitions. I already washed the one I bought last year, so it just needs to be carded. I might get a chance to wash this year's fleece tomorrow since it's supposed to be a really nice day.

No comments: