Sunday, October 07, 2012

Finished Object

Yay!  It's finally done.  Granted, it was finished being knitted a long time ago, but I just got around to sewing in the ends today.  Then it went for a good wash pre-blocking.  Not one, but two four-legged supervisors made sure I was doing it right!  Ta-da!
I think Knit-Wit was pointing out an edge I may have missed pinning.  Sheesh!
Two on guard duty.  Actually, I booted them right out of the room in case they got inspired to start removing the pins.
 
The pattern was a modified one from here: http://knitalong.net/?page_id=35.  I honestly don't remember where the lace edging came from.  Perhaps a free pattern from Knitting Daily?  Regardless, it was super easy.
 
So, although I am not counting this toward my 4000g of the Mad Halloween Dash, I am counting it as one of several projects I wanted to get completely finished before Halloween.  Another is my white Aran cardigan that needs sleeves; unfortunately I misplaced that pattern booklet but I have hope that it won't take me another 20 years to find it.  Yes, friends and other strangers, that is in fact how long that cardigan has held UFO status.  Sad but true.
 



No comments: