Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Here to Stay

Snow. Yup, I don't think it's going anywhere.
*
Me. Yup, final decision made not to leave NS. For a while there, a very tense couple weeks, Ontario was in the running, Kitchener area specifically. Unbelievably, I was offered a job in my home town to the tune of double the wage and then some of what I am earning now. Plus a partnership if I wanted it. In a tailor shop. A huge opportunity that needed closer consideration. But in the end, there was more to lose than to gain. Well, to gain too I suppose, if I were to count the extra stress of full-time work and rarely seeing my kids. However, that's neither here nor there. We're staying in NS. We're all quite relieved that that monumental decision has been made. Holy loss of sleep Batman!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And to think you had me convinced that Ontario was a good idea............What were we think'n

Love Yah

Ali P said...

Well...it had a lot of pluses but you have to be where you are happy and for all its negatives NS is still a great place. I think the valley will be less rednecky perhaps.

Mary, Mary... said...

Just thinking about moving/changing jobs is as stressful as actually doing it. Hope you have a more relaxing holiday...;)

Alison said...

Are you going to join us at KOL on Tuesdays? Knitters from outside HRM are totally welcome. We've even had knitters from other provinces.