Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Stood Up

What's a girl to do when she gets stood up by her goodliest friend? (AliP has since redeemed herself.)

Have a yarn diet fall down of course! Want to see what I got?

It's called Zohar Fingering, 65% superwash merino/35% bamboo rayon, 1120 yds worth per half pound skein. I got 2 of them! See how pretty and shiny it is? Only for me, that's for darned sure. I'm not sharing this stuff, no way, no how. I got 100 g of roving, too, since I do plan on dusting off my spinning wheel and attempting to learn to spin, again.
I let the kids pick out some wool to keep them busy while I wound my treasure. They both had made a good start on their scarves by the time I was ready to go. Brenda, the Gaspereau Valley Fibres owner, was quite impressed.

2 comments:

Ali P said...

I said I was sorry!!!! How many times must I beg for forgiveness?!!
Funnily enough, my verification word is hootool. Even the innnernetses knows I am a tool.
Again, I am so sorry I fucked up. You deserve better than I.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

That roving looks like a cloud!