Monday, November 26, 2012

FILL YOUR HOLIDAYS WITH MUSIC” STASHDASH

So there has been knitting, a little bit anyway.



A little hat I came up with, knit with my handspun.  I am pleased with it. Daughter has attempted hatnapping.  She failed, but with no small effort on my part. 



Then there was a pair of socks that finally got finished, so they qualify as a WIP crossed off my list.  YES! 

And I even managed to spin some fluff.  Shetland fleece.  The picture was taken before I sent the skeins for a little swim. Navajo plied, chunky.  Probably will end up as mittens.

Today I even managed a couple super-easy dish cloths to stash bust.  I usually buy the 400g cotton balls so it takes a while to work through them, but considering that I can't get a single wash cloth out of the little ones, it's worth it. Happy to say that I'm all done with this colourway.


Now for a wee little confession.  While my stash busting efforts should be applauded, there was a little accident in the acquisition department. Completely unintentional, I may add.  A full bag of 100% wool, all for $10.  It begged me to take it home with me.  It's chunky wool, probably destined to be a rug or a car blanket. Preferably sooner rather than later.  This is a decent sized bag!
So all in all, I'm well on my way to filling my Holidays with Music.  It feels good.  Now I just have to decide if I want to work on another WIP or start something new.  Yardage weigh-in will take place tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love the way the colours mesh in the dishcloth. And you should never apologize for a yarn score like that!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I like the dish cloths too. And both are almost identical.
I think I would feel less guilty about the yarn score if I didn't have so much here already. LOL