Monday, September 04, 2006

Places I've been



create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands

This map is tres cool. It reminds me that I have traveled to some really amazing places, but this map also tells me that equals out to only about 11% of the world. Now, that's not even totally accurate since the map highlights the whole country visited, not the city or area, and if that were the case my percentage would go down to about .001. Canada is huge. So are the United States and I've only been to one small part of Greenland. Maybe once the kids move out I'll become a world traveler again. Highly unlikely in this times of terror (bah humbug). I like to be able to brush my teeth with my own brand of toothpaste in a foreign place and not have it be suspected of an explosive! Good grief!!

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Barbara,
you've travelled about 10% more of the globe than I have! I hope you had lots of great adventures when you were able to.

Donna M said...

Looks like you have been around a bit! Glad to see you posting again.

Dipsy Doodle said...

It sure seems you've been around quite a bit, but there's still such a whole lot left to see - Happy Travelling! ;) Thanks for sharing that link, I'll have to go there try it out too!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com/weblog