Thursday, May 01, 2008

Gone

I wish I was just a wee bit more computer savvy. On Friday, it seems that blogger ate my post. When I tried to publish, I got booted out of the system but thought to myself, hey no problem. This thing was saving automatically as I typed happily along. Yeah. Right. This is all that was left after almost two hours of typing my fingers to the bone (not really, but it was a good post, and a long one with pretty pictures too.) :


You Are Teal Green





You are a one of a kind, original person. There's no one even close to being like you.

Expressive and creative, you have a knack for making the impossible possible.

While you are a bit offbeat, you don't scare people away with your quirks.

Your warm personality nicely counteracts and strange habits you may have.


I'm starting to see a trend here. You'd think I had nothing better to do but fill out one silly survey after another.

That is all that was saved. Anyhoo... The quiz came from the Tinks' Daddy. Cool guy. He's got new pics of the adorables up too, so go visit him. They sure grow up fast, don't they. I'll be here when you get back. I'm going to make tea. Speaking of which, have you ever tried Celestial Seasonings true blueberry? It's yummilicious. Honest.



Since my memory is lousy and I can't remember completely what I tried to post before, this one may seem a bit random as I try to fill you in on the happenings.

This here is our new-to-us house. There next to zero landscaping here, but the yard is large and flat(!), and there are some nice sized shrubs and trees on the property. Naturally I plan on changing all that as is evidenced by the photo. Yesterday I spent some time cleaning up that sod off the walk and digging out weeds around the holly bushes. On today's agenda is mutilation of those monsters in front of the picture window. Not total mutilation, just a major downsizing. There is so much to do that every time I step outside and look around, I just don't know where to start.


Hey. I received my first house-warming gift from hubby's aunt. A dwarf burning bush. I've always wanted one! Now, where to plant it?? I have big plans for moving the hollies and those other shrubs away from the house but I am trying to come up with a landscape design first so hubby doesn't throw a fit when he sees me digging stuff up. I already had him take the chainsaw to some of those wire birch from the back yard. Not only were they taking up the centre of the yard, they were shading it too much, too. A veggie garden is going to need lots of sun after all.

Guess what my goofy cats have been doing? They've been staying outside at night and eating worms! Geez. At least I know for sure that that's what Pointdexter has been doing because one time my hubby caught him doing it, and the dirty face is clear evidence when he comes inside in the morning. Thomas (fluffy feet) is the only exception. I don't think he's really settled in so well. He rarely goes outside, and if so, it's only onto the kitchen deck. On the farm he was outside more than he was in. Weird.
Another time, remind me to tell you what I did on Saturday and why taking scenic routes at night is not a good idea.
Cheers.

2 comments:

Lene Andersen said...

When you're typing away in the Blogger box, click "save as draft" occasionally (just like you would in a Word document). Should help with the sucked into the abyss thing.

I like the house! It looks friendly. Is taht a weird thing to say?

Trisha said...

Hi. I found your blog via Ning. Cute quiz. I'm gonna have to try it out. If you're looking for an online book discussion group, you should try: http://readersanonymous.ning.com/

Take care and hope to see you there.