Thursday, August 30, 2007






Yesterday, work was super busy. This was very good. It made the time fly by. Some of it had to do with the back to school rush, some of it was do to release of pension and welfare cheques. But can someone please tell me why there are people out there that wait until the last minute to get clothes tailored for a wedding, whether guests or part of the wedding party? We got a wedding dress in yesterday afternoon. It was a fix of an alteration, not simply an alteration in its own right. Weddings are a pretty big deal, right? You want to look your best, you spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on the big event. Yet what makes you think you will get reliable and satisfactory results from an obviously inexperienced seamstress (I use the term loosely)? I mean, who in their right mind would remove boning from a the bust area of a strapless dress??? Hello! Duh!? So we have this dress in the shop that has to be fixed by Friday, or (this is what the mother of the bride told the bride!) the wedding will be cancelled. As if the bride didn't have enough to stress about! Can you imagine??



Dear Bride,



My deepest sympathies.




P.S. Stop letting your mother rule/ruin your life.




By the way, her dress was gorgeous! Totally beautiful. We will fix it on time. We will fix it properly. Because Hays and I are really good at what we do. Toot toot.




In other news, I found the dead body of yet another turkey in the rose bushes this morning. That leaves me with only one. I don't know what their flippin' problem is this year. It's not like they're freezing to death. Nights are still definitely warm. The birds have a tendency to hang around the rose bushes during the day to get out of the sun. I don't get it. If they were being killed there would be only feathers left as evidence. And the foxes or coyotes won't approach the barn until the electric fence is turned off, anyway. Oh well.



Stash flash, a little bit at a time. *Grin* Wouldn't want anyone to go into shock.


That there is some purdy cashmere, in lace weight. Yummy.








I really like Noro Silk Garden. Remember the Irish Hiking Scarf I made a few months back? The one I gifted away? I liked it so much, now I think I'll make one for myself!


I have 3 skeins of the blue sock yarn, though at the moment I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the name of it. Isn't it lovely?


And you should know that there probably isn't a skein of Fleece Artist that I haven't liked. Really. I do have to make something out of this soon, because it is simply too gorgeous to keep hidden away.
The Lambswool is fabulously soft and I have quite a bit of it in different colours.
The Debbie Bliss is lovely too, and I have enough of it for a sweater.
What to make, what to make. So many patterns to choose from...
I really have to finish that cream cabled cardigan and the Lopi. Don't want those two yelling at me when I cast on yet another sweater without showing off a FO.

No comments: