Sunday, February 07, 2010

Swatching

Besides reading for most of this snowy Sunday (Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs), I started swatching for my Olympic Knitting project. Six swatches and counting with different yarns and couple different sizes of needles. I might have to look through my patterns again tomorrow and perhaps choose a different one. I had settled on a pattern from Dalegarn No. 121, Lotus. The gauge is quite fine though and there lies the problem. 28sts on 3mm over colourwork pattern is a lot finer than a good portion of yarn in my stash. I am determined to use stash yarn for this Olympics. I do have some Lana Grassa Lambswool that comes quite close at 26sts so I'd just make a smaller size, but I will have to see if I have enough of each of the four individual colours. That and whether the colours I have in my stash would go well together in one sweater. Hmmmmm

BTW, did you see the sweater that the Yarn Harlot is planning on knitting for the Olympics? Gorgeous. Naturally everywhere I looked the pattern book has been sold out. Might have to start trolling eBay again. I may be on a yarn diet, but I didn't say anything about patterns. Not like I don't have a sizable library already...

No comments: