Friday, October 12, 2007

Socks, Finished and Otherwise





And this is how we knit his socks, knit his socks, knit his socks...(this was when I was evicted from the house for a showing; we went to the elementary school playground so the kids could play; I'm leaning up against hubby, practically laying down on the bench)
Like I said before, fraternal, not identical. I used this funky elastic/nylon yarn with my strand of wool for the heels to see if that will strengthen them up more. It sure made them cushier. Hubby loves them. Here they are after their first wash. I wash socks in the washer (cold water) but always hang them up to dry.
These are my lovely knee-highs. They're very soft and comfortable but that works against having them stay up. I plan on sewing in an elastic so they stay put, and already I am planning another pair. I love these. May need to knit a pair of bloomers to go with them! There was a cute pair on Knitty....



It's a blustery fall day out there. I so adore fall. Sweater weather; book reading with a hot cup of tea weather...

Guess what!? I tried belly dancing yesterday! I borrowed a video from the library and finally had a go at it. Talk about a workout! But fun. Great for legs and butt. It should help with coordination too. Brianna was doing it with me! We had a blast. Fun, fun...

3 comments:

Ali P said...

I have long wanted to take a belly dancing class. Got more than enough belly for it thats for sure, but I love the sensuality of the movement. Maybe it'd improve my coordination which is sorta un-. Plus the exercise is a major bonus. It'd be like sexy-ish exercise. I can dig it.
Love dem sockses. sugar.

Ali P said...

I bought Briggs and Little yarn from Robyn and I'm blaming YOU....or maybe Mike for his love of B and L sockses..whatever. I ordered 4 skeins and I think you got some 'xplaining to do! Ummm...plus there was the Anniversary skeins that she had on sale if you bought 2 skeins of Band L so I got two....my bad. I still blame the sock yarn on you guys though.

Deb B. in NS said...

Love the knee socks, they look so very soft and squishy. What did you use for them?

Deb B.
www.knittingpharm.com