Friday, January 18, 2008

It's All About the Right Attitude

I would like you all to meet Shannon. She came up with an idea that I wish everyone would jump on. It might make the world a nicer, kinder place to live in. Her blog is called Attitude of Gratitude. She's right. There must be at least one thing everyone has to be grateful for each and every day. I will try to remember that. It will help me to refocus on the positive. Because I need the positive in my life. How about you?

I am grateful for having an understanding boss, who let me call in and take the day off. Officially it was for dealing with the constantly ringing telephone, but also because I required some down time, and the moment the phone stopped ringing I stole the opportunity for a much needed nap to recharge my batteries. Falling onto the bed, my body and mind and emotions felt like someone gave me the once over with a baseball bat. After supper, I felt like a new woman. I felt a calm surround me. It was really strange. I mean, calm with kids in the house? No, no drugs were involved. I just started cleaning. How bizarre is that? And you want to know something else??!? The washing machine = lifeless. Kind of. It's broken. Because this surely is the best time to have a broken washing machine. But! I did not lose my cool. I had no control over it. I let it be. How is that for personal growth?

No comments: